How to connect Xbox to laptop, is a frequently asked question by people but it’s quite an easy task and you can use the companion app for this purpose. Here is a complete step-by-step guide to connecting Xbox to Laptop via Xbox console, which may help you a lot.
- Firstly, open the app (Xbox Console Companion app) on the laptop you are using to play the games. If you have no idea where that app is, then I’d tell you. Just search it in the search bar of your laptop windows. If it’s not there, then you have to install it. Yes, from the Windows Store.
- Secondly, in order to clear the issues while you are playing Xbox games on your laptop, you need to download the latest DirectX 12.
- Thirdly, do click the connection option that is at the side of the app.
- Lastly, the name of the Xbox will appear. Just click on it.
These are the whole steps that would connect your Xbox to the laptop. Once these steps are done, you don’t need to do them again and again as the console will automatically connect it as soon as you open the app. But, while connecting make sure that the console is turned on and is working.
- 1 How to Use a Laptop as a Monitor for Xbox?
- 2 What are the Steps for the Connection of the Xbox Controller to the PC?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 4 Conclusion (How to Connect Your Xbox to Laptop)
Things Required for Connecting Xbox to the Laptop
The following things are required while connecting your Xbox to the Laptop:
- A good internet connection——–I would suggest you use the internet that has 1 or 2 MB stable speed or a 15 MBs internet.
- A laptop having the latest windows—–Use a laptop with updated systems. For this, it doesn’t matter which laptop you are using. Just go windows update and before connecting do away with all the essential updates on your laptop. Also, your drivers must be up-to-date.
- Minimum system requirement—– All you need is, a Core i5 CPU, at least 8GB RAM, an SSD with an integrated and for enjoying the games with good graphics you also need a dedicated graphics card.
If while playing the game, your game is stuttering or its frames are freezing, then you need to upgrade your laptop in order to play the game smoothly. Let to know How To Make Your Laptop Faster for Gaming, it would be really helpful.
- A running Xbox——-If the Xbox is not turned on, your laptop will not be able to connect with it, Therefore, before establishing a connection, you should make sure that the Xbox is plugged and running.
Till now, I’ve discussed connecting the machines wirelessly. Now, I’d like to share another method with you people.
How to Use a Laptop as a Monitor for Xbox?
By using an HDMI cable, you can easily make your laptop’s LCD, a monitor for your Xbox. As it’s not a wireless connection. You should have the following things for this type of connection.
- An HDMI cable—-Before you use it, I’d suggest you check it on your TV or other such devices
- The latest Xbox app-—If the Console Companion app is installed on your laptop, then do use it or in another case, you can also download the latest Xbox app.
- Running Xbox and a Fully Charged Laptop—-These two things are crucial if you want to play your smoothly or I’d suggest you connect your machine with the power supply when playing a video game so that they shouldn’t have to bear an undue load due to gaming.
Connecting the Xbox and Laptop using HDMI
In order to connect the Xbox and the laptop using HDMI, you need to carry out the following steps:
- Turn off your Xbox, but make sure that your laptop is working.
- Then, enter the input of HDMI in your laptop and its output in your Xbox.
- Now, you need to turn your Xbox on.
- As it is turned on, the Xbox app on your laptop will recognize it and in turn, will switch the display.
- The display settings can be changed via the Xbox app.
What are the Steps for the Connection of the Xbox Controller to the PC?
If you want to play Xbox games on your Pc then, I would explain a very easy way to connect the Xbox Controller to your PC via Bluetooth.
It is explained in the following steps:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your laptop. Then, just press WIN + I to open the settings. There you follow these steps;
Devices > Bluetooth and other Devices > Bluetooth.
After that, your PC will start searching for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Now come to the Xbox controller and power it on. After that, press the pairing button and hold it for a few seconds, so that it comes into pairing mode. If the logo of Xbox starts flashing, it means that the device is ready for connection.
- Now, it’s the time when you’ll see the Xbox controller name on your PC. Just a left click will connect it.
Streaming the Game (Either from the Xbox One App or Xbox Console Companion)
If you want to stream your game to other devices, here’s a simple method for that:
- Go to the settings in the Xbox app and then click Device Connection
- After that, there would be Allow Game Streaming to other devices, left click on it.
- Then left click on the Allow Connection from any device connected to your local network.
- Hurray! You can now stream your game from the app.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to connect Xbox to laptop with HDMI?
Yes, of course when you have an HDMI port in your laptop. In another case, you have to use an HDMI adapter that will connect the Xbox to your laptop.
What is the method to play Xbox games on a laptop having Windows 10?
Just log in to your Microsoft account in the Xbox live app and after that, you are free to play Xbox games anywhere. But it offers a limited number of games. For smooth working, you need to update the Window-10 anniversary.
Conclusion (How to Connect Your Xbox to Laptop)
Simply connect your Xbox to the laptop running Windows 10 either by Xbox Console Companion or you may connect both via HDMI. The first one is the wireless method while the latter isn’t. So, it’s up to your convenience to opt for one of them and enjoy the game without sticking to your TV.